Tired of the daily routine? Eager for an adventure? Time pressure is an issue? No need to worry, we have the answer to all your questions. We have prepared a unique 3-day weekend getaway for you. All you need to do is to leave a reminder Friday afternoon on your work or university desk saying “Gone on an adventure, will be back on Tuesday”.
☑ Accommodation (hotel 3*/traditional guest house)
☑ 2 x breakfast
☑ 3 x dinner
☑ 3 x lunch/ lunch box
☑ Airport transfer
☑ All local transports within the program
☑ Professional English speaking
☑ Uncharted Team group leader that will assist
you throughout the tour (English speaking)
☑ Entry fees to the objectives within the tour
☑ This adventure is a package deal; therefore,
it provides you with coverage from
Travel Guarantee Fund
(Rejsegarantifonden) – see your benefits
☑ Cancellation – more details
☐ Transportation to the starting
point of the tour, Cluj-Napoca t/r
*what package includes: ☑/ *what package does not include: ☐
• Your adventure is going to be unique. Hence you won’t be just “another brick in the wall” when it comes to travelling;
• It offers you a unique way to visit Transylvania in a getaway experience;
• It was designed for individual travellers, group of friends or co-workers as well as families;
• This getaway is the ideal opportunity to make the most out of an adventure in a new country when you have only few days to spare;
• The adventure is created in such way that it will not create any inconvenience with your work or university classes. You only need to skip Monday and on Tuesday morning you are back. And let’s be honest, wouldn’t you spend your Monday on an adventure rather than anywhere else?
• It combines mountain activities, culture, gastronomy and interactive quests around the city, all in a 3-day adventure.
• High emphasis on sustainable travelling
• A minimum level of fitness is required as the snowshoe hiking tour involves a fair amount of walking, allowing you to really get among nature;
• Temperatures in the winter can get to ca. -15°C, so make sure you have proper winter clothes;
• Even though the tour is suitable for families, some of the activities are not recommended for children bellow 14;
• The tour focuses on more than just one activity, therefore the time is divided in such way that all activities can be performed.
Welcome to the mysterious Transylvania. Kick off your adventure with your group leader, who is going to wait for you at the starting point of the tour, Cluj Napoca Airport. From there we will head towards the 2007 Capital of Culture, the city of Sibiu. Our first activity will be a treasure hunt quest around the old city. The quest has been designed in such way that it will get you through the history of the city and help you discover the story of Sibiu’s 7 towers that influenced the growth of the city. You will have to follow the given clues, and whenever you feel that you are in a struggle, our team will be ready to give you extra hints in order for you to solve the clues and continue your discovery. The day will end with a gastronomical delight in terms of traditional food and placement at the Nobleman’s Pantry (Camara Boierului). The restaurant is the embodiment of tradition, culture and folk, starting from the interior designed and all the way to the food served.
The old cities host the culture and traditions of Transylvania, but this is just one side of it. The breath-taking beauty relies in the nature that surrounds the land. That is why on the second day we will embark on an off-road 4x4 experience. We will take the snow-covered trails that will lead us to through the forest covered by the beauty of winter, all the way up on the mountains. Along the way, we will stop by different spots with breath-taking views in order for you, the traveller, to enjoy the beauty of the nature and take amazing photos for your portfolio, Instagram, Facebook or simply for the memory of the place. If the weather is not too harsh on us, we will stop for a cosy picnic or a BBQ, consisting of traditional bio products. In order to properly celebrate the adventure, you embarked on, the day will end with a party or a pub crawl.
On the 3rd day we will continue our adventure through the mountains, only this time we will do it snowshoe hiking style. Our path will lead us to the Fagaras Mountains, also known as the White Giant of the Carpathians. Here we will visit the ice hotel and church, unique in the South-East Europe. From Balea Lake (2030m), we will start our ascend towards Curmatura Balii (2235m) then we will descend through Valea Doamnei and all they way down to Balea Waterfall (1234m). This is a medium but slightly demanding route that will take 4-5h (including breaks). The altitude level differences will be +200/-1000.
The adventure will end with our return to Cluj-Napoca, where we will enjoy a nice and cosy evening together in the classic Danish “hygge” way.
*For more details and insights of the tours, please check the Essential Information page.